501. Koraput became a separate district on 1* April in the year:
502. Koraput is a district in Odisha.
504. One School of thought suggests that Koraput is the corrupt form of the
word ‘Karaka Pento’ which means:
a) A large stone
b) A medicinal plant
c) Hail – stone
d) A folk dance
505. How the name of Mr. R.C.S. Bell is associated with Koraput District?
a) He was the first archaeologist to visit Koraput District.
b) He was the first to study the vegetation in Koraput District.
c) He was the first foreign national to settle in the district.
d) He was the first district magistrate of undivided Koraput District after
it became a separate district in 1936.
506. In which year the District of Koraput was divided into four districts for
507. Which of the following is NOT a district carved out of Koraput District?
508. The District of Koraput shares its border with which of the following
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Andra Pradesh
d) Both (a) & (c)
509. Which district lies to the north of Koraput District?
510. In the east Koraput District is bounded by:
a) Rayagada and Srikakulam (A.P)
b) Rayagada and Vijayanagaram (A.P)
c) Nabarangpur and Rayagada
d) Malkanagiri and Rayagada
511. The major public sector giants located in the District of Koraput are:
d) Both (a) & (b)
512. The population of Koraput district as per Census 2011 is about:
a) 14 lakhs
b) 16 lakhs
c) 17 lakhs
d) 10 lakhs
513. Average Literacy in Koraput District as per Census 2011 is about:
a) 67 %
b) 63 %
C) 50 %
d) 59 %
515. The Sex Ratio per 1000 males in Koraput District as per Census 2011 is:
516. About what percentage of the total male population in Koraput District is
literate as per Census 2011?
a) 57 %
b) 58 %
c) 61 %
d) 72 %
517. About what percentage of the total female population in Koraput District
is literate as per Census 2011?
a) 47 %
b) 58 %
c) 41 %
d) 39 %
518. How many subdivisions are there in Koraput District?
519. How many Tehsils and Development Blocks are there respectively in
a) 13, 13
b) 14, 14
c) 13, 14
d) 12, 13
520. The number of Municipality and NACs in Koraput District is:
a) 1 & 4 respectively
b) 2 & 3 respectively
c) 1 & 3 respectively
d) 2 & 1 respectively
521. The number of Vidhan Saba constituencies lie within the geographical
area of Koraput District is:
522. Number of Gram Panchayats in Koraput District in Koraput District is:
523. Which of the following is a Subdivision in Koraput District?
c) Both (a) & (b)
524. Which of the following is NOT a Development Block in Koraput District?
525. Duduma Waterfall is located on the:
a) Sileru river
b) Machhkund river
c) Poetru river
d) Indravati river
526. At which place of Koraput District the highest kneeling Hanuman Statue
in Odisha is located?
527. Maliguda in Koraput District is well known for:
a Hidden Shiva Shrine
c) India’s highest broad gauge Railway Tunnel
d) Batrisa Sinhasan
528. Which of the following National Highways covers the maximum length in
a) NH 6
b) NH 43
c) NH 201
d) NH 200
529. Which of the following towns in Koraput district is not situated on the NH 43?
530. Malkangiri was carved out of the old District of Koraput on 20 October:
531. The District of Malkangiri touches the frontiers of which of the following
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Madhya Pradesh
532. Malkangiri District shares its border with Bastar District of Chhattisgarh
533. Which two districts of Andra Pradesh share their border with Malkangiri
in the south?
a) Karim Nagar & East Godavari
b) Kurnool & Khamam
c) Nalgonda & East Godavari
d) East Godavari & Khamam
534. Malkangiri is believed to have been referred to as Malyavantagiri in which
of the ancient Odia epics?
a) The Ramayan
b) The Mahabharat
c) The Gita
d) The Malika
535. Who among the notable freedom fighters of India is a native of Malkangiri
a) Dora Bisoi
b) Laxman Naik
c) Bauxi Jagabandhu
d) Birsa Munda
536. Unearthed ancient monuments and a large ‘Shiva Linga’ in some parts
of Malkangiri District shows the linkage of the regions with which of the
a) Greek Civilisation
b) Mesopotamia Civilisation
c) Indus Valley Civilisation
d) None of the above
537. ‘Bhimuda Parva’ in Malkangiri District is observed mostly by which of the
538. Who is worshipped in ‘Bhimuda Parva’ observed in Malkangiri District?
a) Bhima – The middle Pandava
b) Lord Krishna
c) Lord Shiva
d) Lord Kartikeya
539. Kanamraju, Balaraju and Poturaju are:
a) Three tourist spots in Malkangiri District
b) Three famous Lords of Malkangiri
c) Three waterfalls in the district
d) Three important tribes in the district
540. During Vedic and later Vedic Period Malkangiri was known as:
c) Mallika Nagari
541. Mout. Podia, Korukonda and Padmagiri are associated with Malkangiri
District in which of the following way?
a) They are the names of aboriginal tribes in the district.
b) They are the names of major irrigation projects in the district.
c) They are the famous waterfalls in the district.
d) They are the administrative divisions of Malkangiri during medieval
542. Who led the famous Koa Revolution that took place in the latter half of
the 19′ Century in Malkangiri region?
a) Tama Dora
b) Laxman Naik
c) Alluri Sitarama Raju
d) Bangaru Devi
543. Laxman Naik, the great freedom fighter and a staunch Gandhian was
hanged till death on 29 March in the year:
544. Dandakaranya Development Project started in 1958 to implement to
settle the refugees coming from East Pakistan, was declared closed in
545. Which of the following rivers does NOT flow through the Malkangiri
546. The southernmost point of Odisha located in Malkangiri District is:
547. The total population in Malkangiri District as per 2011 Census is about:
a) 8 lakhs
b) 6 lakhs
c) 10 lakhs
d) 12 lakhs
548. Consider the following Census information regarding Malkangiri District.
The decadal growth rate (2001 – 11) in the district is 21.53%
I. Population Density (Census 2011) in the district is stood at 106.
Which of the above information is/are CORRECT?
a) Only I
b) Both (I) & (Il)
c) Only II
d) Neither (I) nor (Il)
549. Malkangiri is the
most district of Odisha.
550. As per Census 2011 the Sex Ratio in Malkangiri District is stood at:
551. As per Census 2011 the average literacy in Malkangiri District is:
a) Above 50%
b) Less than 50%
c) Above 60%
552. About what percentage of male population in Malkangiri District is
a) 55 %
b) 59 %
c) 60 %
d) 77 %
553. About what percentage of female population in Malkangiri District is
a) 54 %
b) 48 %
c) 40 %
d) 38 %
554. Which of the following is NOT correct information regarding Malkangiri
a) The district has 1 (one) subdivision.
b) Three are 7 (seven) Tehsils and 7 (seven) Development Blocks in
c) There one Municipality and 2 NACs in the district.
d) The district is located to the extreme south of the State.
555. Which of the following National Highways passes through the Malkangiri
a) NH 203
b) NH 43
c) NH 6
d) No NH passes through the district.
556. How many Vidhan Saba constituencies lie within the geographical
regions of the Malkangiri District?
557. Which of the following is the ONLY Subdivision in Malkangiri District?
558. Which of the following is NOT a Development Block in Malkangiri District?
559. Bonda Hills, natural abode of the primitive tribal community called
Bondas, comes under which of the following Development Blocks in
560. Lord Mahaprabhu, the famous God of the Malkangiri District is being
worshipped at which of the following places in Malkangiri District?
561. Balimela in Malkangiri District is well known for:
a) Religious place
b) Hydro – electric Project
562. Satiguda in Malkangiri is well known for:
a) Hot spring
b) Hydro – electric project
c) Water Reservoir
d) Perennial Stream
563. Balimela Dam in Malkangiri District is a joint venture of Government of
a) Government of Chhattisgarh
b) Government of Madhya Pradesh
c) Government Maharashtra
d) Government of Andra Pradesh
564. ‘Kanam Raju’ worshipped in Malkangiri relates to:
a) Lord Krishna
b) Lord Shiva
c) Lord Vishnu
d) Lord Rama
565. Which State Highways connects Motu with Jeypore?
a) SH 42
b) SH 25
c) SH 33
d) SH 15
566. ‘Moogi Point’ the southernmost point of Odisha is situated on the bank
of the confluence of which of the following two rivers?
a) Kolab and Potteru
b) Kolab and Sileru
C)n Saberi and Potteru
d) Saberi and Sileru
567. The largest district in Odisha in terms of area is:
568. Mayurbhanj constitutes what percentage of the total area of Odisha?
569. Mayurbhanj share its border with which of the following two states of the
Union of India?
a) Chhatisgarh and West Bengal
b) West Bengal and Bihar
c) Jharkhand and West Bengal
d) Madhya Pradesh and Bihar
570. The district in Odisha having the largest area under forest is:
571. Who among the following is considered to be the longest reigning clan
of kings of the Mayurbhanj District?
572. Which of the following is INCORRECT regarding Mayurbhanj District?
a) The district is named after two medieval ruling families called Mayurs
b) The Mayurs were believed to have been rulers of Bonai Mandal.
c) The erstwhile state of Mayurbhanj was also ruled by Moghuls and
d) It came under British occupation in 1905.
573. Mayurbhanj was merged with Odisha as the last state on 1s January in
575. To the south of the Mayurbhanj District lie which of the following district(s)?
b) Balesore and Sudergarh
c) Balesore and Kendujhar
d) Kendujar and Sambalpur
576. About what percentage of the total population of Mayurbhanj District are
a) 45 %
b) 47 %
c) 52 %
d) 57 %
577. Which of the following is a major tribe in Mayurbhanj District in terms of
their population in the district?
578. The capital city of Mayurbhanj state during Bhanja rule was:
579. The district headquarters of Mayurbhanj district is at present located in:
580. As per Census 2011, Mayurbhanj is the most populous district in
581. Mayurbhanj comes under which agro – climatic zone in Odisha?
a) North western Plateau
b) North central Plateau
c) Mid central table land
d) North eastern ghat
582. Gorumahisani, Badampahar and Suleipat are well known sites for which
of the following minerals?
a) Iron Ores
c) Manganese ores
583. After India’s independence under whose kingship Mayurbhanj was ceded
a) Maharaja Sriram Chandra Bhanj Deo
b) Maharaja Pratap Chandra Bhanj Deo
c) Maharaja Srinath Bhanj Deo
d) Maharaja Bikram Bhani Deo
584. Which of the following are the notable contributions of Maharaja Sriram
Chandra Bhan Deo to the upliftment of Odisha?
a) S.C.B Medical College
b) Ravenshaw College
c) Leasing of India’s first Iron ore mines Gorumahisani, Badampahar
and Suleipat to Tatas.
d) All the above
585. Mayurbhan District is well known throughout India for:
a) Shimilipal National Park
b) Chhau Dance
C) Substantial reserve of Iron ore
d) All the above
586. As per Census 2011 the population of Mayurbhanj is about:
a) 25 lakhs
b) 30 lakhs
C) 20 lakhs
d) 18 lakhs
587. The male literacy percentage in Mayurbhanj District as per 2011 Census
588. Average Literacy in Mayurbhanj District as per 2011 Census is about:
589. About what percentage of the total female population of Mayurbhanj district
is literate according to Census 2011?
a) 63 %
b) 58 %
c) 53 %
d) 48 %
590. The number of Subdivisions in Mayurbhanj District is:
591. Number of Tehsils and Development Blocks in Mayurbhanj District is
592. The number of Municipality(s) in Mayurbhanj District is:
593. The number of Vidhan Sabha constituencies lie within the geographical
area of Mayurbhanj District is:
594. Total number of Gram Panchayats in Mayurbhanj District is at present:
595. Which of the following is NOT a Subdivision in Mayurbhanj District?
679. Consider the following Census information regarding Puri District?
The decadal growth rate (2001-11) is approximately the same as the
I. Population Density in the district is 488
Which of the above mentioned information is/are CORRECT?
a) Only I
b) Only Il
c) Both I & Il
d) Neither I nor II
680. As per Census 2011 the Sex Ratio in Puri Districts stands at:
681. Average Literacy in Puri District as per Census 2011 Census is about:
682. What percentage of the total male population of Puri District is literate?
683. According to Census 2011 Female Literacy rate in Puri district is about:
684. At present Puri District has:
a) 1 Subdivision, 9 Tehsil and 10 Development Blocks
b) 2 Subdivisions, 11 Tehsils and 10 Development Blocks
c) 2 Subdivisions, 11 Tehsils and 10 Development Blocks
d) 1 Subdivision, 11 Tehsils and 11 Development Blocks
685. Number of Municipality (s) and NAC (s) in Puri District are
a) 1 and 3
b) 1 and 4
c) 2 and 3
d) 2 and 4
686. Number of Vidhan Saba Seats fall within the geographical area of the
687. Number of Gram Panchayats in Puri District is:
688. The only Subdivision in Puri District is:
d) Puri Sadar
689. Which of the following is NOT a Development Block in Puri District?
648. The temple of the famous Goddess Maninageswari is located at which
of the following places in Nayagarh District?
649. Which Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Nayagarh District?
a) Baisipalli Sanctuary
b) Ushakothi Sanctuary
c) Chandaka Sanctuary
d) None of the above
650. Tarabalo in Nayagarh District is well known for:
b) Hot spring
c) Freshwater Lake
d) Wildlife Sanctuary
651. Late Dasarathi Patnaik, the Library Man of Odisha, is associated with
which of the following places in Nayagarh District?