321. According to State Forest Report 2011, which of the following districts
has recorded highest increase in forest area?
322. Which of the following districts in Odisha has the largest area covered
323. As per State Forest Report 2011, which of the following district is
void of scrub?
324. Which of the following western districts has the lowest areas covered
under very dense forest?
325. Which of the following southern districts has the largest areas covered
under very dense forest among them?
326. Which of the following district has the lowest area covered under very
327. Kothapatana in Jagatsinghpur district is well known for which of the
a) Bamboo craft
b) Toy making
c) Bangle making
d) Terracotta painting
328. Among the Kandha tribes the shifting cultivation is known by:
b) Podu Godia
330. Which of the following is a Biosphere reserve in Odisha?
331. Which of the following is a Bird Sanctuary in Odisha?
332. Which is a Carnivore Mammals found in Odisha?
333. The official number of Wildlife Sanctuaries and the National Parks in
a) 35 and 4 respectively b) 35 and 2 respectively
c) 18 and 3 respectively d) 18 and 2 respectively
334. According to Wildlife Sanctuary Survey the approximate number of reptile
species in odisha is:
335. “Irrawady” a term found in the lexicon of wild life population, refers to a
d) Black Buck
336. “Black Bucks” a type of wildlife species are seen mostly in the district of:
337. Which of the following is correct with regard to the number of elephants
in Odisha in 2007?
338. Which of the following are the first and the only Marine Sanctuary of
a) Baisipalli Sanctuary
b) Nalabana Sanctuary
c) Gahiramatha Sanctuary
d) Ushakothi Sanctuary
339. The Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary was officially declared in the year:
340. Which of the following sanctuaries in Odisha is also known as ‘Turtles
a) Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary
b) Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary
c) Baisipalli Wildlife Sanctuary
d) Gahiramatha Wildlife Sanctuary
341. The Gahiramatha Sanctuary in Odisha covering an area of 1435 sq.km
is the largest nesting ground in the world for:
c) Olive Ridley Turtles
342. The Nalabana Wild Life Sanctuary was started in the year of:
343. The Chilka (Nalabana) Wild Life Sanctuary is not only ideal habitat for
migratory birds but also for which of the following endangered species?
a) Emu Bird
c) Irrawady Dolphin
d) Black Buck
344. The world famous Nandankanan Zoological Part is set up on the bank
of the lake of:
345. Which of the following became the first zoo in India to join to join World
Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA)?
a) Nandankanan Zoological Park, Bhubaneswar
b) Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Darjeeling
c) Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Visakhapatnam
d) National Zoological Park, Delhi
346. Chilka Lake was declared a Ramsar Site in which year?
347. Wildlife parks cover about
percent of the total geographical area of
348. Find out the INCORRECT match.
a) Khalasuni Wildlife Sanctuary – Sambalpur
b) Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary – Balasore
c) Lakhari Wildlife Sanctuary Gajapati
d) Badrama Wildlife Sanctuary Sundergarh
349. The Nandankanan Zoological Park was established in:
350. The Nandankanan Zoological Park was declared as wildlife sanctuary
352. The Black bucks (krushnasara or baliharina) a typical species in Odisha
are seen at places in:
a) Cuttack and Nayagarh districts
b) Jajpur and Bhadrak districts
c) Puri and Ganjam districts
d) Bolangir and Sonepur districts
354. An Eco-tourism scheme has been introduced in Odisha from 1995-96
to provide transport and accommodation facilities for tourists in
sanctuaries and National parks. Which of the following has not been
covered under the scheme in its first phase?
a) Chilka Wild Life Santuary
b) Shimlipal National park
c) Bhitar Kanika Sanctuary
d) Ushakothi Santuary
355. Lulung is better known as
a) Elephant Sanctuary of Chandaka
b) Similipal Tiger Project
c) Dear Park at Nandankanan
d) None of these
356. Similipal National Park is located in the district of:
357. Similipal National Park has taken its name from the abundance of semul
that bloom vividly in the region. Semul is type of
a) silk cotton
c) medicinal plant
d) aquatic plant
358. Similipal National Park is famous for which of the following wild animals?
a) Elephant, Sambar and Hyaena
b) Sloth bear, Honey badger and Bisons
c) Tiger, Asian Elephant and Gaur
d) Hyaena, Leopard cat and Bisons
359. Similipal National Park spreads over a core area of about:
a) 1559 sq km
b) 950 sq km
c) 1075 sq km
d) 845 sq km
360. The best time to visit the Similipal National Park is from:
a) June to November
c) October to June
b) March to June
d) Round the year